Search This Blog

Thursday 14 November 2013

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

The most delicious Chocolate Cake, baked in a mug, in the microwave for 3 minutes. So easy and fuss free, I highly recommend, no baking skills needed. No major conundrum in the kitchen. Just a mug and a couple of spoons to wash. It tastes better if eaten while still warm. This is a great 3am snack. Be aware of  whoever says "I don't want it". That person will immediately change his mind as soon as the baking  perfume travels across the room.

The original recipe for this chocolate cake in a mug is from Chef Mauro Rebelo, from my hometown of Niterói, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. If you want to check other delicacies in Portuguese,check his personal blog and Facebook culinary group.



You'll need:
- 1 egg
- 4 T milk
- 3 T oil (I use coconut oil for all my baking recipes)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 4 T sugar
- 4 T all purpose flour
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1 large mug (300ml/12oz ) or 2 smaller ones

How to prepare it:
Break the egg in the mug and beat it well with a fork.  Add oil, sugar, milk, chocolate powder and whisk more.  Add flour and baking powder mixing it lightly, just enough to incorporate.  Place it for 3 minutes in the microwave.


If you want to cover it in a chocolate sauce, use the following:

- 2 T milk
- 1 t butter (I used coconut oil)
- 1 or 2 T sugar
- 3 T cocoa powder

Mix it all and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Cover the cake while it is still hot.

When measuring the ingredients, don't be "generous" with dry ingredients, use a leveled tablespoon or the end result can be a hard rock cake.

I am nuts for nuts, so I added some crushed walnuts to the batter and on top of the chocolate sauce. Hands down, this is my best cake to date. Do try it. Almost impossible to fail.

***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you are thinking!